This ScienceWiz™ kit introduces the concepts of inertia, the laws of motion, mass, force and weight, velocity and acceleration, circular motion and centripetal force. Concepts are explored with time tested experiments and highly visual illustrations.
This Teacher's Pack includes enough equipment for 6 students to explore and develop a fundamental understanding of the key concepts of Newton's laws of motion while building a foundation for analytical thinking. Comes in a specially designed box for easy storage with compartments for convenient access to materials.
For ages 8 and up.
Each Pack includes:
6 full colour 48 page booklets
6 hover pucks
6 stop watches
6 balance scales
6 spring meter assembly kits
6 water rocket stoppers with inflation needles
6 rocket tubes and stoppers for baking soda and vinegar rockets
6 cars for ramp experiments and jet car experiment
18 balloons for motion projects
6 sets of paper items (clowns, trucks)
1 laminated teacher’s guide
• Perform tricks with inertia and solve inertia puzzles conceptually.
• Stay in motion with a low friction air puck.
• Build spring meters and measure the forces of a push and a pull.
• Munch an apple or shrink a piece of clay down to one Newton.
• Learn about gravity, centre gravity and falling objects.
• Use a balance scale to measure and estimate the mass of objects.
• Clock each student’s speed.
• Puzzle out the difference between speed and velocity.
• Explore the concept of acceleration.
• Measure the acceleration of a car down a ramp
• Experiment with Newton’s Second Law of Motion.
• Launch bottle rockets, jet cars and balloons for Newton’s Third Law of Motion.
• Investigate circular motion and centripetal force.
Teacher's Packs are designed so that students have their own booklet and materials.
The pack consists largely of non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use.
Extensions to the main projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all.